Monday, September 29, 2008

Grandma in Action!


So today was an outing is my hip new styling grandma! I say styling to the fact that everyone in school these days are going to be wearing pajamas wherever they go. Simple to that. And hip for being in hospitals and caring home because... Maybe because I've been. We've got a special connection! Ha so I joked with Heather because she only has seen grandma twice in the caring home and once in the hospital, so the teasing section of the day was on her..unfortunately. I'm a teaser, my uncle taught me fairly well.
So we took grandma out to the car..YES, we were kidnapping her. Ha so we took her to her a Doctor like person, an old family friend, (I don't know if she wants me to advertise for her). So we spent like 2 hours or so there. I was mostly in the car, listening to the radio station. I knew like "Bleeding Love" trying to do the -So You Think You Can Dance- and surprisingly I did pretty well due to the fact that I haven't seen the dance in so long! I was impressed.
Afterwards we took her to the Arroyo's Cafe. That was the whole point we kidnapped her. It was a actually pretty good, I was surprised.
Once the food area was destroyed, we headed back to the Hotel and/or Spa aka Care Home, and chilled there. Mom and Heather left to do their errands and I stayed with Grandma like I was wanted to do this past week (while she was in the "hotel"). I only wanted to be with my Grandma to relax and do homework. Just being there was awesome. We took a little cat nap, or I did, she was really sleeping. But I woke up to the "Girls Laptop" and my history book. Obviously I took the laptop. I am very proud of my Blog, and so is my Mom. She was the one who told her.
So I was trying to get all set up. Getting the Internet service and Music started. Well I was interrupted by the ... PHYSICAL THERAPIST! DON! Don! don! ... She wanted to wake Grandma up and everything. I explained it to her that Grandma has been out all morning, shaking all day and sleepy the whole time. I was making excuses! Grandma needs her rest. Unfortunately she lucked out and the therapist woke her up. She even needed made some excuses. But they took her away!
I told my coolio Grandma "I'll be here when you come back!" She is such a trooper.
Later on my mom came and picked me up so that I can go home and help out my Pop with the laundry. But after chores and such, we went back to visit grandma and she was with an old friend of hers. I haven't seen her laugh like that in a long time. Remembering old memories. Laughing bout the changes. Having a Gay Ole' Time. It was great to see that. So I let them have their time and so I went out and played their Baby Grand Piano. It was a beauty. So I played that for quite a bit. And let me tell you! I have a pretty bad memory that I can't even remember my favorite songs! But eventually we had to go. I went and got my things, said my goodbyes and left the room.
I've noticed this Lady. Always sitting out in the halls. Ever since Grandma first day there, I've seen her and always say hi. Tonight she actually said something like "Tomorrow. when you come, your going to bust me out har har". It was really cute and everything.
I tend to think as I look at them, how they were when they were a teenager. How they acted, or played game, flirted, dated, and all that. I want to hear their war stories if they have any, or how they met their husbands. Just those simple things that could make their day. I want to be the one who makes their day and Be's there for them since none of their family come and visits. I want that. I want make them feel loved. That would be a great activity.

Never forget the moments you have with your loved ones. Never know if its your last.

3 comments:

Jean Davis said...

What a beautiful blog. I'll be back!

Suzi said...

Hey,
I am glad to have found your blog. I am envious of you getting to visit Grandma in the "hotel". We wish we were closer so we could help out more. I would come visit you all the time too since your social life has gone down the drain. Grace is very entertaining. She makes everyone laugh.
I really enjoyed you posts and I look forward to reading more!

Jean Davis said...

Dear Allie,

Since I am a grandma, I thought "Grandma in Action" might be a good place for me to post this note. I have something for you. . . :-)

Come see. www.iwitnesslife.com